javascript:void(0)

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello everyone!  I decided to lighten and brighten up my blog a bit and go with a subtle background. Even though I loved my previous turquoise damask patterned background, I think a plain background is less distracting and it's easier on the eyes. What do you think? I also widened the margins and added another column so that everything isn't so cluttered. Simple is sometimes better when it comes to blog design, right?  I think it's also about time I update my blog header, so I'll be playing around with that soon. 

For Valentine's Day, I made a little project for the Lily Bee blog.  I used papers from Lily Bee's new This & That line to alter a Valentine candy box.


I made the paper ruffle and painted the edges with Fire Engine Red Shimmerz.  I sprinkled red glitter over the Shimmerz paint for good measure.  I added black Stickles to the beautiful damask pattern on the black and white Lily Bee paper.


Hungry? How about a little peak inside . . .

They look good enough to eat, don't they?  Not so fast!   I made these scrumptious looking chocolates out of Fimo polymer clay (the beads are the giveaway).

But here's the BEST part.  My jester husband saw the finished project and decided to play a little joke.  When I was in the other room, he snuck into my scrap room and found my Fimo clay.  He made his own little piece of "chocolate", complete with a "bite" taken out of it (he used the handle of a fork to make the teeth marks).  Then he replaced one of the the chocolates in my candy box with the one he made.  So imagine my surprise when I opened up the box to photograph it and saw a half eaten chocolate!! 


Funny man, that hubby of mine!   I think I'll keep it this way.

I hope you have a wonderful, chocolate-filled Valentine's Day!!

15 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Are you SERIOUS?? That he actually MADE a half piece like that?? He MADE it?? I mean, wow, talent must transfer via osmosis!!!! I am more in awe over his half "bitten" truffle than your entireway too gorgeous project!! That's saying a LOT!!!!!!!!!! lol

Scrapthat said...

The job you did on the box alone is Gorgeous! The chocolates...good enough to eat for sure! Your DH is a joker and a great crafter as well! TFS! :)

kiala said...

Wow! You both had me thinking those were real chocolate! I had to read to see the difference.
Happy Valentine's day to you too!

Unknown said...

The heart box is awesome but your candy is well.....scrumptous eye candy....I couldnt believe that those were not real. Great job by your DH on his candy creation. Also like your new blog look. I agree it does look cleaner and the 3 columns help.

Merian Candioli said...

Oh Stacy, lovely! But that half one, was awesome. hahaha

Keshet said...

Ha, I love the half eaten chocolate!!

Laina Lamb said...

I totally thought those were real! Amazing!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH this is soooooo pretty!!! I adore the colors and I thought the chocolates were real...

I love what your Hubby did....with a fork....how unique!!! I got such a giggle!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Mel said...

Oh what a great box of choccy's this is super stunning and just love a family that shares jokes like this, how cute. I love your stunning layout on the CK I got in the mail yesterday with your little girl on the cover, how cute is she with her puppy. I love your creations. Melxx

Christiane said...

ohh, simply amazing!!! :))

Trina said...

Oh how funny! I love what your hubby did!

What amazingly beautiful chocolates and decorated box. Wow!

Lisa VanderVeen said...

OMGosh, that is hilarious. Having now met him, I understand... ;). He's so funny!

StampingbugKerry said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That box and the CHOCOLATE are DEATHLY DEELISH!!! I love them. WOWEEE!!! Your hubby is awesome!!!

Kerry

Stac said...

Another completely "yummy" piece of artwork! Love your Shimmerzy touch too!!!

sophy said...

Gorgeous! I really like it!