javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scrapbooking From the Inside Out - Guest Designer

I'm honored to be the Guest Designer at Scrapbooking From the Inside Out this month!  The topic this month is "GRACE", and the gorgeous monthly kit really epitomizes the word.  The philosophy at Scrapbooking From the Inside Out is that it's important for us to sometimes tell our own stories on our scrapbook pages. This was a great exercise for me because I rarely scrapbook about myself.

Here's one of the layouts I created with the Grace kit.  I did some fussy cutting with the lovely Pink Paislee  papers. 


The story behind this layout:  A few years ago I read an interview with an actress and she talked about the importance of living her live with "grace". I had to stop and think about what this means in general, and more specifically, what it means for me personally. To me, living my life with grace means treating other people with gentleness and kindness. This has always been one of the rules I live by, and it's a value that I have tried to instil in my children since an early age. Of course I'm not always perfect, but I do strive to put the "kindness vibes" out there in the world.

I used a dinner plate to trace a circle onto the cardstock, then I painted the circle with gesso. While the gesso was still wet, I sprinkled on some white glitter. Next I cut out the center squares of the Pink Paislee trellis paper. I cut a circle out of the trellis paper and adhered it to the gesso/glitter circle with 3D adhesive. As a final touch, I added Viva pearl pen dots to the trellis design.


I'll be sharing the rest of my layouts and a card in the coming days.  Be sure to come back on Friday, March 9th, because I'll be joining the Scrapbooking From the Inside Out Design Team for a fun blog hop!


9 comments:

cvanholstein said...

Such an elegant page! Just like the kind owner!
The design is a great idea that I might "borrow" sometime, if that is ok... and congrats with the GD assignment at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out!
xxx, C

Unknown said...

wow! blows me away..

irinka said...

WOW, WHat a beauty. So interesting, so creative. I'm in love

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a fabulous page idea!

Beatemor said...

Gorgeous!!

Melissa said...

This was my favorite layout from you! Such beautiful detail and I love the story about this layout as well. So happy to have you joining us this month! :)

Patricia said...

this page is simple but so elegant.. a fabulous layout!

Martine said...

that is such a beautiful page! love the lattice that you created!

thriftycrafter said...

So pretty, liking the pearl dots and the trellis particularly, first time I've been here, very nice blog.