javascript:void(0)

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The little things

With the usual life stressors going on, I'm sitting here right now feeling gratitude for the little things in my life that keep me centered . . . a day at home with some quiet "me" time, the piping hot and delicious vanilla latte I just made for myself (and my beloved espresso maker that makes a perfect cup every time), my sweet cats curled up on the couch next to me, and my comfy Dearfoam slippers that are keeping my tootsies warm on this cold day.

Speaking of little things, here is a layout I made for an article in Creating Keepsakes magazine about scrapbooking with itty bitty items.  This layout took me a while, but I really enjoyed the process.

As seen in Creating Keepsakes magazine.  Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

These are some of my favorite photos of my younger daughter.  She was only 18 months old at the time.  Awwwww . . . those cheeks, those eyes, those little curls . . . they warm my heart!!  She is 9 years old now (and of course she still warms my heart!).

6 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Fabulous LO design. Simply outstanding.

Sandi Clarkson said...

This is awesome ... and yes that is a ton of tiny stuff!

Tamika said...

Totally gorgeous layout! I tried the sun ray thing it didn't look right at all love yours with the different textures in each ray!

Kristi B. said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love all the little embellies inside the rays. :)

Unknown said...

everything u do is so perfect!

Elisabeth Helland said...

absolutely adore this LO..... thank you sooo much for sharing